We are currently seeking a bar manager to join our team at Bacio, a fun upscale casual Italian concept near the U of A Campus! Come be a part of the Uni concepts brand that includes Gentle Ben’s and Agave House. This will be a fun, energetic and fast-paced environment with a culture of respect, teamwork and quality!
As the bar manager, I will supervise operations at our high performing restaurant. The manager addresses customer complaints or inquiries in a quick, kind manner. Responsibilities also include overseeing day to day operations of the bar, maintaining the bar beverage program and working directly with the General Manager to accomplish daily goals. The bar manager will be responsible for bartending, ensuring FOH and BOH teams are on track for closing the restaurant, closing the restaurant and following closing manager checklists.
· Exciting work environment near the University of Arizona
· $18 per hour base wage + Tips
· Health Benefits after 60 days
- Perform station opening/closing duties on each shift.
- Greet guest within 2 minutes and follow all Service Execution Steps.
- Clear tables throughout the dining experience using proper methods for removing dishes, glassware and silverware. Maintain table cleanliness throughout the meal.
- Speak to guests to ensure satisfaction with food, drinks and service.
- Present bills, accept payments, operate POS system, uphold strict cash handling procedures and accountability for all transactions.
- Respond to guest complaints.
- Check identification of guests in order to verify age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Ensure 100% compliance with all Company policies and laws, including health and safety standards.
- Resolve customer questions and complaints professionally
- Ensure opening/closing checklists have been fully completed before departing for the day
- Record all income and expenses, make sure cash registers are balanced at the end of every shift
- Nightly safe count and bank deposits
- Must be 21+ years of age or older
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent organization and problem-solving skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Up to date Food Handler Management, Title 4, and Title 4 Management Certification
- Ability to handle cash, give change and balance cash drawer at the end of shift
- 2+ years bar/ restaurant experience
- Familiarity with restaurant management software, like OpenTable, 7shifts, XtraChef
- Availability to work within open hours (e.g. evenings, holidays, weekends)
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds in weight on a semi regular basis